Friday, December 13, 2019

From the Heart: Everyday Thanksgiving



Reminding myself, that the first miracle I experience when I wake up in the morning is feeling my heart beating. The second miracle is opening my eyes and being able to see. I reach out for my glasses in the chair next to my bed, and once I put them on and everything in the room comes into focus, the third miracle is that I have use of my limbs, and to make sure, I swing my legs over on the side of the bed, slip my feet in my houseshoes, get up, and walk toward the door. I realize that I am also clothed in my right mind. Raise up my hand and take a moment to say: Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of this new day that you've made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. Thank you, Lord, for your mercies that are new this morning. Amen.

No comments:

A New Year Prayer for 2020